Pokemon Fighters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Fighters Forums

A seperate forum for the Pokemon Fighters Guild, mainly for avid forumers and all fans of pokemon.

HomeHome PageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007
Starter Trainer
Starter Trainer

Forum Experience : 0

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans Empty
PostSubject: Death Cab For Cutie - Plans   Death Cab For Cutie - Plans I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 am

Hello, and welcome to my review of Death Cab For Cutie's "Plans"

To begin, when i first bought the album it was because my friend kept pestering me to give it a listen, (and because i got it for 4 bucks).

Anyway, lets begin.

1. Marching Bands Of Manhattan (9.0)
A great opening track that really sets the premise for the entire album, the simple yet enticing bass line will lull you into sense of calm. the second half of the track really goes out with a bang as it picks up with speed and then lets you go with a piano melody that sums it all up.

2. Soul Meets Body (8.9)
Another great track, this one however is more upbeat and happy compared to the first. Some brilliant lyrical work in this song really paints a picture in your head. The first half opens up with some acoustic riffs with lots of instruments coming together to make a orchestra of sounds and closes with a soft beat. This track also happens to be their biggest hit thus far.

3. Summer Skin (9.7)
Wow, this is easily the strongest song on the album and one of the best songs in years. the bass line is what really makes this song so golden, although quite simple it is really one of my favorites. The track opens with a drum and bass beat mixed in with some of Gibbards best vocal work thus far. Overall an absolutely brilliant song.

4. Different Names for the Same Thing (9.1)
This song really stands out on the album, it is a ballad but at the same time it really makes you think, the lyrics are some of the best on the album and the piano melody that opens up the track is wonderful. But halfway into the song, the piano stops and you have a drum beat starting up, the second half of the song is more upbeat as the synthesizers kick in and it turns into a happy poppy song. It pretty much pulls a reverse "Layla".

5. I Will Follow You into the Dark (7.9)
Probably one of the weaker songs on the album, but that doesnt make it a bad song. It still has some great qualities to it, such as Gibbard's great vocal performance. What really makes this song weaker than most others on the album is that it is just too bland, and carries on for far too long.

6. Your Heart Is an Empty Room (8.9)
This is one of those songs that you can listen to while snuggling up with a special someone after a long day out in the cold snow, sitting by the fire drinking hot chocolate. It is hard to explain the feeling while listening to this song, try finding out for yourself Razz.

7. Someday You Will Be Loved (7.7)
Probably the weakest song on the album, its not a terrible song, but its not great either. Its one of those songs you can listen to but you wont know the name of it or wont exactly notice it. its just kind of, "there". the one part of the song is the guitar freakout at around two thirds of the way through. that sends the song spiraling in different directions.

8. Crooked Teeth (8.7)
The most upbeat song on the whole album, a great way to go after listening to the dark and depressing "Someday You Will Be Loved". another great drum and bass beat sets the tone for this song, and then Gibbard's Vocals take it all home as the guitar builds in intensity.

9. What Sarah Said (9.0)
A soft ballad that once again really stands out on the album. This time for a different reason though. the song IS a ballad but has qualities that aren't usually found in ballads. Loud drums and lyrics that dont fit. "As I stared at my shoes in the ICU that reeked of piss and 409". The song is about getting over losing a love one. Overall, its a strange song that really leaves you wondering what is coming next.

10. Brothers on a Hotel Bed (9.1)
The slowest song on the album, but an absolutely brilliant one at that. the piano opening sets the stage as the drum kicks in and Gibbards soothing vocals show up. This song definitely sports the best lyrics on the album and the whole piece fabulously comes together. And just as the song starts, it ends. The exact same way it started.

11. Stable Song (8.2)
The closing track on this album is one that is quite a one man show. It starts with an acoustic melody accompanied by vocals by Gibbard and quiet backing vocals by Chris Walla. Not much is to be said of this song other than it is a great closing song for a great album.

Overall, Plans is most likely the most complete of all of Death Cab's Studio Albums

Overall Grade = 96.2/110

Read more: http://www.musicbanter.com/album-reviews/28454-death-cab-cutie-plans-lyrics-drum-bass-ballad.html#ixzz1E6lAGnpT
Uebersetzungsbuero
travesti
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Fighters Forums :: Fan Creations :: Music-
Jump to: